The payment can be used by the government to cover the costs of:
- Treatment of raw water so that it is safe for use
- Maintenance of water treatment plants
- Replacement and maintenance of water storage tanks
- Replacement of old and leaking water pipes
- Other expenditures to enhance water supply facilities
The Water Department is constantly endeavouring to provide clean water to the public. You as a wise consumer of water should help the government by paying your bills on time.
Clean water is an essential everyday item for normal life and is not something that you can make do without. Imagine if your water supply is cut off even for one day.
Please report to the nearest Water Department office if you don’t receive your water bill at least once every three months.
Thank you for settling your water bill.